The BERUS IPTG (Isopropyl β-D-1-thiogalactopyranoside) mimics the molecular structure of allolactose and is used for cloning procedures. The IPTG can be used in combination with X-gal for the Blue-white selection.
The addition of IPTG is used to induce β-galactosidase activity and does not breakdown within the metabolic pathway and maintains the concentration. The chemical is added directly to the E. coli population
- For transformation
- Protein expression induction
For further information, please see below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Versatile – Can be used to induce protein expression and in transformation
- Easy-to-use – This product can be added directly into an E. coli cell population, with minimal preparation
For research use only. These products should not be used for diagnostics
Suggested protocol for the use of IPTG in plasmid transformation:
- Incubate transformed E. coli in LB Broth overnight at 37ᵒC on a shaker.
- The BERUS IPTG can be added directly to the broth and incubated for a further 2 hours.
- The coli brother can now be harvested.
For more information about how to use the BERUS IPTG, please see the package insert.
To place an order, please contact us through the “Contact Us” link, quoting the Catalog No.
|Product||Product size||Catalog No.|
Ready to Use: Requires re suspension with DNase and RNase free water
Number of Reactions: 50 Applications
Product Size: 1g
Shipping: Dry Ice
For any other product, queries contact email@example.com