Our high-quality BERUS Agarose is designed for molecular biological applications. Molecular Biology Grade Agarose is used for the electrophoretic separation of nucleic acids. This standard agarose can be used for the separation of DNA fragments in the range of 50 bp – 50 kb, with the possibility of subsequent DNA extraction from the gel. Molecular Biology Grade Agarose is free of DNAase and RNAase activity to prevent product degradation in downstream applications such as:
- Real-Time Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
- Southern Blotting
For further information, please see below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Easy to use – just add dH2O to the agarose and heat.
- Flexible – can be used in PCR, qPCR, Southern Blotting during the electrophoretic separation of DNA.
- Versatile – the lack of DNAase and RNAase ensures that the agarose can be used for both RNA and DNA samples.
For research use only. These products should not be used for diagnostics
- Weigh agarose to get the desired concentration
- Add agarose slowly to the buffer while mixing to ensure the agarose dissolves and does not form clumps.
- Cover with plastic wrap to prevent contamination. Pierce the wrap to ensure adequate ventilation and to prevent a build-up of pressure.
- Boil the mix for 10 minutes in a water bath or microwave and ensure all the agarose has dissolved.
- Remove plastic wrap, mix gently and wait until the mix reaches 60°C before casting the gel.
- A fluorescent dye can be added to the agarose solution before casting or staining can be done after electrophoresis in order to visualise the results.
WARNING: THE SOLUTION MAY OVERFOAM AND CAN BE EXTREMELY HOT. APPROPRIATE SAFETY AND PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT MUST BE USED.
To place an order, please contact us through the “Contact Us” link, quoting the Catalog No.
Store in a cool and dry place.
Specifications of agarose
Gel Strength (1%): 1.125 g/cm2
Gelling Point (1.5%): 36.0°C
Melting Point (1.5%): 87.7°C
Composition of agarose
DNase and RNase: None detected
If you require any additional information about this product please email us at email@example.com